Tuesday 12 February 2013

Montage It




Above is an image of a night view photomontage. I have placed my model in the waters of Sydney Harbour to juxtapose with the Sydney Operah House. I chose this location because not only is it my favorite place to visit but also it had an amazing view that displayed all the famous landmarks of Australia.

I have used several techniques to create this photomontage which include a panoramic view with changing daylight and overlaying of different elements. The use of collage was a great way to combine all the elements together in an interesting way. This photomontage was the hardest to create yet it was the most enjoyable one because I was able to be creative and have fun with the various ways of presenting. The most difficult part, however, was the composition of the model and the bridge.

Taking pictures for this photomontage was very time consuming. I had to stay at the harbour from 12pm to 6pm to capture every second of the sun's movement and the beautiful colours of the sky as the sun was setting. Luckily, my time spent at the harbour has paid off as the end result looks beatiful. I am very happy with the overall presentation.  







For the day view photomontage, I went to Hyde Park to take photos. I placed the model in the middle of the park with very few distracting elements to show the curvilinear features of the model. For the final photomontage, I inserted more layers to the photo and added a black backdrop to enhance the overall presentation.




I struggled with this workshop because I had very little experience with photoshop. It is evident that all my photomontages lacked consistency and detailing which is something that I will improve on. Overall, I enjoyed the experience in this workshop as it allowed me to use all the skills I've learnt throughout the 3 workshops.

No comments:

Post a Comment